Saturday, February 16, 2008

cool exchange

The postcard from France the other day was in fact to be returned. It was part of an exchange put on by secondary school students in Amiens. The project is designed to integrate art into life, highlight human relationships and fight marginalization and isolation, favor social links and further creative acts, and give people a living guide to motivate their interest in learning. The theme of the project is "The trip." So I put on a couple of stamps which reflected that, one showing the ships bringing those who settled Jamestown and another of the Hershey kiss, made here in Pennsylvania. I also added things to the card front and sent a message, courtesy of Black Elk, on the back. I only wish the sender had put a stamp on the envelope to me! All postcards returned in this exchange will be exhibited this May, I guess at the school.