Saturday, March 1, 2014

Some Cards Sent


A postcrosser in Germany requested a handmade card. This card was made during a particularly harried time when the only time off I got was to make a batch of jello. Weird pleasure, I know.


A postcrosser in the Netherlands wanted a "book" card of any kind. I happened to pick up a batch of pulp fiction poscards at this year's Oakland Museum White Elephant Sale. I used to love these salacious book covers - the actual stories were never any good though. 


A postcrosser from the Ukraine wanted a happy card. This is one of my favorite cards from NYC of a bunch of guys frolicking during a frosh-soph rush at Columbia U. This tradition had died out by the time I attended that school in the 1970's.


And then...there is the Belarus postcrosser who collects cat statues. These are Egyptian mummy cats from the San Jose Rosicrucian Museum. I hope she enjoys them as much as I do!